The privacy of agents is increasingly becoming part of the employment relationship. There are many issues that may impact on staff members’ agents’ personal data, particularly since the entry into force of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
With our expertise in employment law and civil servants law, we are regularly confronted with the following questions:
- Which procedure should be followed when installing video surveillance cameras?
- Is geolocation of agents allowed and under which conditions?
- Is it possible to control the use of an agent’s professional e-mail box?
- In case of dismissal, what personal data on the professional computer can be recovered by the agent?
- Which rules should be set for the use of the internet and social networks during working hours?
- Is it possible to use information obtained from video surveillance footage or social networks to terminate the employment relationship with an agent?
- Does badging / timekeeping involve requirements for the protection of agent’s privacy?
We can assist both administrations and agents in all these matters.
We can also set up policies and regulations governing the personal data of employees and the use of IT devices within the administration.