We advise administrations and agents confronted with modification of working conditions.
We are regularly consulted by public employers or agents on the following issues:
- Can the administration unilaterally change the working hours of its contractual agents and civil servants?
- Is it possible to change the agents’ remuneration in case of a reorganisation?
- Is it possible to change the function of agents, even without their agreement? Is the situation the same for civil servants and contractual agents?
- Can an administration change the agent’s place of work?
- Which procedure should be followed in case of mutation or reassignment? Does the agent need to be heard beforehand?
- What are the possible actions for the agent in case of a change of working conditions? When is there a constructive dismissal?
- What are the applicable rules on secondment of agents to another administration? Are the rules different depending on whether a contractual agent or a civil servant is seconded?
- How to terminate the secondment of an agent?